Welcome to the 2011-2012 school year! On behalf of the School of Education administration, faculty, and staff, I would like to welcome back all of those in the Teacher Education Program. And a special welcome to all of those in Education 200 who are just beginning their jouneys toward becoming Dominican Educators.
Below is some important information for those already accepted into the program as well as those who are just beginning.
- Applications for the Teacher Education Program are due to your education advisor by Sept. 15th, 2011. You can find out more about applications at this link.
- The advising structure for secondary certification in the Teacher Education Program has changed. Your advisor will depend upon your major. Watch for a letter and email explaining the change and informing you about your new advisor.
- A new Teacher Education Program Handbook is available on the School of Education website. Please check this out! This will be an invaluable resource for you as you progress through the program.
- Don’t forget to register for your content area tests. For more information, see the Illinois Certification Testing System website. Remember that you must have passed the content test by the time that you apply for clinical practice (the semester before you do clinical practice).
- Plan to attend Louder Than a Bomb on Thursday, Sept. 22nd at 6pm in the Lund Auditorium. This presetation is part of the School of Education signature series, Honoring the Profession. This is a must-see presentation for all future teachers!
- Keep yourself informed! Stay in touch with your education advisor throughout the year and read the School of Education website regularly!
We are looking forward to a year filled with opportunities for scholarship, leadership, and service. We are happy to be working with and supporting you in your preparation to become Dominican Educators!
Ben Freville, Ed.D.
Division Chairperson, Undergraduate Education